Are you dealing with an ant invasion in your home? Ants are social insects that are attracted to a consistent food source, so if you accidentally invite them into your home, they’ll bring their friends and soon you’ll have a colony. To prevent this, take preventative measures such as keeping floors and entryways clean, storing food in sealed containers, and frequently emptying trash receptacles.
If you’re looking for natural ways to repel ants, try these tidy tips:
Essential Oils: Mix peppermint, citrus, and tea tree oils to make an ant-repellent spray. Fill a spray bottle with 1 cup of water, 10 drops of each oil, shake well, and spray areas where ants are commonly found.
White Vinegar: Vinegar spray makes a great natural ant repellent. Fill a spray bottle with equal parts common white vinegar and water, shake well, and spray areas where ants enter your home such as entryways, floor drains, and utility lines.
Cornmeal: Sprinkle cornmeal around ant nests and entry points as a natural repellent.
Five Fun Ant Facts:
- An ant can lift 20 times its own body weight.
- Ants don’t have ears, they “hear” through vibrations in the ground.
- Ants don’t have lungs, they breathe through tiny holes all over their body.
- Ants leave pheromone trails when foraging to remember where they’ve been.
- Ants fight to the death when they come across other ant colonies.
*Please Note: Always take necessary precautions regarding the health and safety of your children and pets when using any insect repellent.
Don’t wait any longer, schedule your spring cleaning now and ensure your home is a happy and ant-free zone!
Call Us Now ● 877-753-6243 ● www.maidgreen.com